Author: Richard T. Schaefer
Understand the Changing Dynamics of the U.S. Population
The 13th edition of Schaefer's Racial and Ethnic Groups places current and ethnic relations in a socio-historical context to help readers understand the past and shape the future.
This best-selling Race & Ethnic Relations text is grounded in a socio-historical perspective with engaging stories and first person accounts. Race and Ethnic Groups helps students understand the changing dynamics of the U.S. population by examining our history, exploring our current situation, and discussing concerns for the future.
This text provides an accessible, comprehensive, and up-to-date introduction to the present issues that confront racial and ethnic groups in the U.S. and around the world. It incorporates the most current statistics and data in the marketplace including the most recent census.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning — The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Robust end-of-chapter materials provide students with chapter summary and study materials that help them develop critical thinking skills.
- Engage Students — Every chapter contains first-hand commentaries that demonstrate the diversity of various groups.
- Explore Research — Research intertwined with information on current events and demographics provide a modern view of our society.
- Understand Diversity — Detailed coverage of multiple racial, ethnic, and other minority groups provide students with an extensive view of diverse relations.
- Support Instructors — Strong supplements package with author-reviewed activities and assessments in MySocLab.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit: http://www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205248152 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205248155